Tuesday, June 29, 2010

June 29th Round

Another beautiful morning for golf. My scheduled playing partner called and canceled at the last minute, and so I went out early. Unfortunately, there was really no one on the course, so I had to start my round alone. I ended up shooting an unofficial 43 on the front nine after only an hour. I say unofficial because if you play alone, you tend not to pull the flag, and you take questionable gimmes, which I did. When I turned the corner, there were a few members just starting their round, so I started over again - and called the first nine holes a warm-up. The round totals below are for the the full 18 holes I shot after the warm-up nine.

Just under 3 1/2 hours today, +20c, light NW winds, and sunny.

Round Totals:
Gross Score: 87
Net Score: 72

Stats:
Putts: 34
3 putts: 2

Birdies: 0
Pars: 7
Bogeys: 7
Doubles: 4
Others : 0 :)
Penalties: 2 :(

Fairways hit: 6/14 (42%)
Greens in regulation: 5/18 (27%)

Highlights: All in all, a good round. a career 7 iron from 172 yards to hit the 9th green in reg. Driver had it's good moments today - still not quite back in shape yet. No "others" on the round (although, I did have triple on my warm-up nine - but I also had a birdie there - so they cancel each other out. I also shot my cap today - can't complain about that. Hit that 43 on the front nine again, and had a string of 4 pars in a row from 9-12.

Lowlights: 4 doubles, and 2 three putts. failed to get up and down 8 times. Never really threatened a birdie try today, and wasn't very strong out of the sand. Also, two unnecessary penalties.

Tomorrow - the weather changes - cool and windy - but four good friends will hit the links at 8:42!

No comments:

Post a Comment