Thursday, June 24, 2010

June 24th Round

Back on the home course today - after being away for about a week and a half. Was really tired for the round - was up at 5 AM to do a little breakfast concert with my chamber choir. So, I played from the whites today - it was a pretty decent round considering!

3 hours and 10 minutes, round, +23c, light winds and sunny.

Round Totals:
Gross Score: 87
Net Score: 73

Stats:
Putts: 31
3 putts: 3

Birdies: 1
Pars: 6
Bogeys: 7
Doubles: 3
Others : 1 (a triple)
Penalties: 2

Fairways hit: 2/14 (14%)
Greens in regulation: 5/18 (27%)

Highlights: The back nine - shot a 41, would have had a 39 if it weren't for a double on the last hole. Actually, I doubled 13 as well, which is a reachable par 5- so perhaps that is the hole I should blame. I had a stretch of 5 holes where I was -1, including a par on #15, a par 5 where my current stroke average is 7.0. Hit many really good approach shots from far distances (180+) and scrambled well (as you can see by my fairway percentage today). The back nine to me proved once again that shooting a sub-80 round is still within grasp.

Lowlights: Driving was very inconsistent today, only 2 of 14 fairways. Missed a few makeable puts too, and had 3 three-putts on pretty easy greens today. A comparably slow group in front of us held us up a bit in places, not really much to complain since we did play fast, but it would have been nice to have a sub-three hour round!

No comments:

Post a Comment