Friday, June 11, 2010

June 11th Round

After two days of rain, I got out on the course today. A late afternoon round with my wife at Riverside Golf Course, one of our two city owned and operated golf courses. It's been a number of years since I've played the course, and I've forgotten a) how much I love the course and b) how LONG the back nine is! From the blues, it's 6316 yards total, and 3205 on the par 35 back nine. Credit to my wife, as there is no relief from the reds. The back nine for her was a long par 38 with FIVE par 5s, and the par 3s were near 200 yards. The par 4s were long for me as well. Seldom was my second shot (even after a good drive) less than a 3 wood. Pars were hard to find, and Birdies didn't exist today at all.

Anyhow, not a great round - but here are the details!

3 hours and 50 minute round, +20c, light winds and sunny.

Round Totals:
Gross Score: 91 (+20 on this par 71)
Net Score: 77

Stats:
Putts: 32
3 putts: 1

Birdies: 0
Pars: 3
Bogeys: 11
Doubles: 3
Others : 1 (a triple)
Penalties: 0

Fairways hit: 69% (9/13)
Greens in regulation: 11% (2/18)

Highlights: Fairways! They were wide, but even still, often I was dead centre. Driving was really steady in general. Also, played with the same ball for all 18 holes. It helps that there is no water in play on this course. I also had 2/3 Sand Saves. Only 3 doubles - but they all sucked.

Lowlights: 3 putting for bogey, I hate that! My one triple was also a disaster from the tee shot onwards. I was 4/15 for up and downs. Need to start making more one puts. I also was very poor in the GIR department, however with these long par 4s, that's not too surprising.

The other highlight was playing with a round with my wife. She is still learning, but is counting all her strokes now, and when she hits the ball - she really hits that ball!

A little hiatus now as I leave for Saskatchewan, I do hope to play on the road at least once. Hopefully the weather will co-operate on my day off!

No comments:

Post a Comment