Monday, June 28, 2010

June 28th Round

Great week for golf ahead - and a pretty good start to the week this morning!

Here are the stats:

Just under 4 hours today, +20c, light winds mostly from NW, a bit swirly at times, and sunny.

Round Totals:
Gross Score: 88
Net Score: 73

Stats:
Putts: 32
3 putts: 2

Birdies: 0
Pars: 6
Bogeys: 10
Doubles: 1
Others : 1 (a quad :( )
Penalties: 1

Fairways hit: 6/14 (42%)
Greens in regulation: 3/18 (16%)

Highlights - Only one double and one other - the rest all pars and bogeys. Generally speaking (except for the quad) a better front nine than back, even though both were 44s. The front was a 44 with a quad - so 8/9 pretty good holes! Played reasonably well out of the sand, but would prefer not to be in it at all really.

Lowlights - well, the quad was a lowlight. So was my driver - despite the 6/14 fairways, I'm just not getting through the ball right now - so really high over-the-moon drives, with no distance - leaving me to hit 3 woods and low irons into the green (which I did well), and then I was scrambling for up and downs, which I only managed to do 5/16 times. Wow - If I converted all 16 up and down tries, I would have shot 77! That's the sort of thought process that makes me feel the goal is attainable. And for the most part - I had really good short game - just need to reduce that putt total.

You'll notice from my net score that I am now at a 15 cap. Looks like it will stay around that number for a while, a few low scores to fall off the bottom of my card, including an 82 and 84 - it will depend on how I shoot tomorrow and Wednesday - but there is a chance I could see 16 creep back in before it goes down again. That's not a bad thing - I'm getting killed on Men's night, so a bit of a higher cap might allow me to contribute to my team a bit more!

Tee times early tomorrow and Wednesday - so here' s hoping for two solid rounds before the holiday weekend - then probably two more rounds before I head to Ottawa next week, where there won't be much golf, if any.

No comments:

Post a Comment