Tuesday, June 8, 2010

June 8th Round

Today's round was played at Coloniale, it was Men's League night, the round took 4.5 hours. The weather was partly cloudy, +13 degrees. Wind was around 7-10 km/h swirling from NW and later, E.

Round Totals:
Gross Score: 93
Net Score: 79

Stats:
Putts: 30
3 putts: 0

Birdies: 0
Pars: 6
Bogeys: 5
Doubles: 5
Others : 2 (both triples)
Penalties: 3

Fairways hit: 35% (5/14)
Greens in regulation: 16% (3/18)

Highlights: Had a great first 4 holes. 3 pars one bogey. Then went and tripled #5. Shot a respectable 44 on the front. Also, after a pathetic drive on #10, I crushed my 3 wood ~230+ yards just short of the green. For the most part, driving was good (except on 10!) chipping was good too. Putting was respectable today, although I missed a few short ones.

Lowlights: The back nine. 4 doubles and a triple. 49 total. The sand was wet, and inconsistent, so most of my bunker shots basically stunk. A few of my approach irons were pushed right, which is unusual for my natural draw. Gave three balls to the water gods today.

Golf might be hard to come by in the next few weeks. Rain is in the forecast for the next few days, then I'm off to Saskatchewan for ten days on business. I have a day off while traveling from Regina to Saskatoon, and I'm hoping to get a round in at Dakota Dunes. I was supposed to play with a few friends last month while I was there, but the weather was very poor.

No comments:

Post a Comment