Friday, July 2, 2010

July 2nd Round

Oh - it was a bad day. I left the house and said to my wife "I'm not going to have any triples, and I'm going to keep my doubles down to a low number today!" Then I opened the round with a quad. Not even sure if it is worth putting up the stats, but as this blog is supposed to be an honest representation of my summer's golfing - here they are, and they are grim.

a four hour round, +17c, steady moderate NW winds, and partly cloudy

Round Totals:
Gross Score: 98 (yes, 51/47)
Net Score: 83

Stats:
Putts: 33
3 putts: 2

Birdies: 0
Pars: 6
Bogeys: 4
Doubles: 3
Others : 5 (FIVE!! 1 quad, 4 trips)
Penalties: 5 (FIVE!! - that would explain the big score actually)

Fairways hit: 2/14
Greens in regulation: 5/18 - where my 6 pars came from

Highlights - hitting #4 (Par 5) in two

Lowlights - 3 putting #4 for par. That, and most of the rest of the round. I was so bad off the tee - I was hitting my third shot from the tee box at least three times, and I was in the sand more times than the fairway. on #7 I had THREE separate sand shots from all sides of the green, and on #17 I hit the fairway bunker, and then hit what was a pretty good shot, only to be left in the green side bunker.

Quite a few good shots actually (aside from the tee box) and a lot of really bad luck.

You might have wondered what happened to my round on Wednesday - well I forgot that I needed to be at a lunch meeting - so I had to cancel. Tomorrow morning I'm heading out with my wife, Kathleen, and another couple for a round at Legends, hopefully I won't be quite as erratic off the tee.

No comments:

Post a Comment