Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Juy 27th Round(s)

Great day for Golf - so I played a lot of it. I was out on the course by 8 AM, and it was 5:30 PM by the time I finished, and 45 holes (2 full rounds, and then 9 more holes)

I'll only blog about the first round, because once you start playing the 30th hole, it's really hard to focus. So the rest of the day quickly went downhill.

The first round was a 3 hour round, +22 by the end of the round. Mosquitoes still very much a problem, but I'm armed with spray! No wind to speak of.

The stats:

Round Totals:
Gross Score: 81 (38/43)
Net Score: 66

Stats:
Putts: 27
3 putts: 1

Birdies: 1
Pars: 8
Bogeys: 8
Doubles: 1
Others : 0
Penalties: 1

Fairways hit: 6/14 (42%)
Greens in regulation: 6/18 (33%)

Highlights - going out in 38! I was actually sitting at -1 after 5 holes, before I went Bogey/double Bogey. No doubles on the back, just 2 pars and 7 boges. I missed a few puts on the back nine, but can't complain about 27 puts total.

Lowlights - none to speak of. Great round - career best. I can smell that 79!

The other rounds of the day weren't spectacular, but I was really starting to feel the fatigue - and the heat (ended up in the high 20s by the end of the day). So, on the nine hole round, I shot 45, and on the second 18, I shot 93 (46/47)

I'm trying to decide if I am going to play today - it is 7:10, and my tee time is 8:09. My feet are sore (I have plantar Fasciitis, which is controlled through orthotics, but no orthotic was going get through 45 holes of golf, so them dogs are barking!)

I told my wife there was only a 30% chance I'd play this morning, when realistically It is probably closer to 60% chance. Hmmm....

By the way - Index fell again, down to 11.9 and playing a 14 handicap now from the blues at Coloniale.

No comments:

Post a Comment