Monday, July 26, 2010

July 26th round

A great round today on another beautiful morning. The only problem about the conditions were that with all the rain, and then heat, and then rain - the mosquitoes were out to carry us off the course. They were unbelievable!

3 1/2 hour round, +22 by the end of the round - prevailing NW wind, not much of a problem, about a one club difference in either direction.

The stats:

Round Totals:
Gross Score: 84 (41/43)
Net Score: 69

Stats:
Putts: 26 (pretty proud of this stat)
3 putts: 1

Birdies: 2
Pars: 5
Bogeys: 8
Doubles: 3
Others : 0
Penalties: 2

Fairways hit: 6/14 (42%)
Greens in regulation: 5/18 (27%)

Highlights - putting great today - 11 one puts. Also, within half a foot of an ace on #8 eight today. Even the grounds grew cheered as it got close. Then went back to back with a birdie on #9 as well. Hitting the ball great off the tee - even found a nice comfortable draw with my driver, adding a pile of distance and reliability.

Lowlights - although I'm happy that I am now through two rounds without a triple, there were a few doubles I could have avoided today, including two penalties that are always unnecessary. My chipping was also a bit suspect today.

I really feel that 79 is close!

Playing 36 holes tomorrow, let's hope fatigue doesn't kill me.

Speaking of Mosquitoes:

No comments:

Post a Comment