Monday, May 30, 2011

Updates

It's been a while since I've golf blogged, even though I've played quite a few rounds, including a day where I managed 45 holes in about 8 hours (with a lunch break).

Anyhow, here are some scores, with no stats

May 19th (the 45 hole marathon day)
Round 1 - 87
Round 2 (nine holes) - 52 (yeesh!)
Round 3 - 96 (perhaps 45 holes is too many in one day)

May 21st - 86 (I should also brag at this point that my wife shot 50 on the back nine!)
May 24th - 97 - of course, it was on Men's night - I always suck on Men's night
May 28th - 89 - a game up ups and downs birdies to triples...
May 29th - 94 - 44 on the front - won't talk about the back

Today ... well, today was nearly a career round. I shot 85, which is the best round of the year (I've had 86 twice this year) but the real story is that on the first 9 holes (which was the back nine today) I shot a 38. Best 9 hole round ever I think. just two bogies and 7 pars. the back nine started well - pars on 1 and 2, bogies on 3, and 4, and then ... disaster. A nine on the par 4 5th. After that I sort of gave up, one more par, a double and finished in with two bogies for a 47. The round that could have been! The quintuple was definitely the turning point, putting my third shot in the water, and then hit my dropped shot into the deep green-side bunker, thinning over the green, and a chip and two putt for nine.

Anyhow, I'm on a business trip now for about two weeks, so no golf for me.
See you after June 15th.

No comments:

Post a Comment