Tuesday, May 17, 2011

May 16th Round Totals

NEW CLUBS! I have six new clubs in the bag - a TaylorMade Burner driver, a new 3 and 5 wood (Adams Speedline Fast 10s) and three new wedges by Adams (Tom Watson design) 52 degree gap, 56 degree sand and 60 degree loft. Scores are likely to reflect a setback as a result as I get used to them, but so far, I really like them. Just so you don't think I'm cheating, I have retired my Nike Ignite, my Orlimar fairway woods, and my Nike wedges. Anyone want to buy some used clubs? I had thought about getting new irons, but I think that can wait another year, still really like my Calaway Big Berthas. I would however, not be opposed to finding some hybrids for my 3 through 5 irons.

Here are the stats for today's round at Coloniale.
Temperature - +20 C
Wind: 20 km from SE
Sunny.

Round total - 93 (46/47)
Net score - 78
Birds - 2
Pars - 3
Bogeys - 5
Doubles - 6
Others - 2 (both triple)
Putts - 30
3-putts 0

Fairways - 2/14 (14%)
G.I.Rs - 3/18 (16%)
Penalties -3

The Good - LOVE the new wedges, especially the 60 degree. A degree of loft I've had an on-again, off-again relationship with - however, from 90-100 yards, it is now my club of choice, as well as those deep pot bunkers, of which we have a few. The new driver is also going to be good - but it will take some getting used to. Had some bad misses with it today, but also some spectacular results. Will definitely take some range time to get the timing down.

The Bad - Well, driving I guess (even thought it also falls under good), when they were bad - they were very bad. The wind was still a little up, but no where near as bad as the weekend.

The ugly - the Mosquitoes! They are now out in full force I'm afraid. The cologne of the summer will be Deep Woods Off. A nice late may frost would be nice to kill them off, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen now.

No comments:

Post a Comment