Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Yes, I'm still playing

After a week of conducting both a 40 voice youth choir and a 30 voice adult choir at a week long choir camp with 5 1/2 hours of rehearsing a day, I'm now back on the course again. (I will blog about that experience soon on my home blog) My wrist is still not 100%. I've been to the chiropractor, who confirmed it was a mild sprain, and explained that it is an injury that can take up to 6 months before it is completely healed. I went and purchased a tensor bandage for the wrist and some athletic tape. I played an 18 hole par-3 round on Monday shooting 68 on the par 54 (the greens were all the size of postage stamps, so only one GIR and no birdies), and then played a full 18 at Coloniale yesterday.

I had some good holes, and some horrid holes. quite a few pars and bogeys, but also a quad, and two triples. The side effect of the wrapped wrist seems to cause my irons to move hard to the left. Not so much a draw, but a hook. The driver, however, is straighter, or even draws slightly, with the bandage on! Final score was a miserable 96 though.

Painting the fence today, and then back on the course tomorrow AM. Will hopefully be able to post full-stats again soon, once I feel that I am playing without the effect of this injury.

No comments:

Post a Comment